Bike Rack Installation
Bicycle commuting can lead to workers that are happy, healthy and productive.
Safe and convenient bike parking will not only increase employee satisfaction, but can expand your customer base. Clean Air Council works with employers to provide free assistance with the entire process of installing commercial outdoor or indoor bicycle parking for the workplace. Read our how-to guide on installing a bike rack outside of your business in Philadelphia.
How CAC Can Help With Bike Rack Installation:
- Guidance with completing the application and review of the process
- Subsidizing up to 50% of the cost of a bike rack
- Site photographs – these are required in the city’s bike rack permit application
- Bicycle rack renderings
- Measurements for required setbacks
- Coordination with government agencies depending on situation
- Follow up with permit application process
- Cartographic analysis of bicycle traffic and locations using GIS
The General Cost
On average, a bike rack can cost anywhere between $150 to $300 depending on the style and materials used.
Bike Rack Design
There are many types of bike rack designs, from racks that hold single bikes to corrals that can hold up to 12. Racks can either be installed outside your workplace or indoors where employees feel most comfortable with their bicycle. Whether a standard bike rack or a custom artistic rack, Clean Air Council can help employers choose the appropriate style of bike rack.
If you would like more information on bike rack installation, please contact Will Fraser, Sustainable Transportation Outreach Coordinator, by calling 215-567-4004 ext. 123 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.