Mission and Vision
Clean Air Council is a member-supported environmental organization serving the Mid-Atlantic Region. The Council is dedicated to protecting and defending everyone’s right to breathe clean air. The Council works through a broad array of related sustainability and public health initiatives, using public education, community action, government oversight, and enforcement of environmental laws.
Clear Air Council works towards a day when:
- The Mid-Atlantic Region is recognized across the nation for having the cleanest air and lowest carbon footprint of any major region in the U.S.
- The majority of the people in the Mid-Atlantic Region practice sustainable living and support strong air quality initiatives.
- Policymakers make decisions only after taking into account their impact on air quality and sustainable living and are held accountable by an engaged citizenry.
- Businesses and corporations actively participate in keeping the air clean and consider sustainability to be a part of their bottom line.
- The Mid-Atlantic Region becomes a model and a magnet for people and businesses who desire to live and work in a thriving green economy.
- Everyone who lives and works in the Mid-Atlantic Region sees their health improve as a result of cleaner air.
- The region creates virtually no waste and uses energy sustainably.