Smoke-Free Philly Video Contest
Undergraduate & Graduate Students!
Enter the SmokeFree Philly Video Contest for a chance to win $1000 while raising awareness about tobacco policy & control in Philly!
The winning video will also be featured on a local broadcasting outlet!
Registration Form Submission Deadline –Open
Entry Deadline - October 26th, 2011
The SmokeFree Philly Video Contest is open to current full-time and part-time students in colleges and universities in Philadelphia.
$1000, $500 and $250 will be awarded to videos ranked first, second and third. The winning video will also be featured on a local broadcasting outlet.
CONTEST REGISTRATION FORM
SmokeFree Philly Video Contest Guidelines
The Smoke-Free Philly Video Contest gives college students the unique opportunity to showcase
their talent and skills as film-makers while highlighting an important public health concern in
Philadelphia – smoking.
Video Contest participants must meet the following requirements:
- Current Full-time or Part-time college students
- Enrolled in a college or university located in Philadelphia
- 18 years of age or older
- The video must be 60 to 90 seconds in length.
- Maximum of one (1) video submission per person.
- Video can be live-action, animation or a combination of different formats.
- You must be the sole owner of the submission, and all rights thereto.
- The submission must be unique and original and not a copy, derivative, or compilation of any existing published or unpublished work.
- You must obtain any required performance rights licenses, clearances and/or permissions.
- The submission must not infringe upon or violate any proprietary right (including, but not limited to, patent, copyright, trademark, service mark and trade secret).
- Video content must promote messages about tobacco control, policy and awareness. (Please see Tobacco Fact & Figure Sheet for further details)
- Any or all tobacco product(s) may be targeted in the video; but, no brand names should be used.
- The video can be in any language. But if the video is in any language other than English, it must include English subtitles.
- Written permission must be obtained to use the name, voice, image, or likeness of any person that appears in the video.
Videos will not be considered if they include the following:
- Profane language, violence, sexually explicit content, promotion of bigotry, racism or hatred or harm against any group or individual based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Completed videos must be saved on DVD and then submitted. DVDs must be labeled with first, last name of the contest participant and the name of the college or university.
How to Enter:
If you intend to enter the contest, please complete the registration form and submit to the address below.
Completed videos should be saved on DVD and then submitted. No other format will be accepted.
Write your full name and the college or university you attend on the DVD. Along with the DVD, include a
signed and dated copy of the Submission Agreement and submit to:
Clean Air Council
135 S. 19th Street, #300
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Video Submission Deadline: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 by close of business (5:00pm). No videos will be accepted after the deadline.
Disclaimer: The Tobacco Policy and Control Program, City of Philadelphia and the Clean Air Council are not
responsible for damaged or lost DVDs.
A panel of judges consisting of public health officials and film-makers will judge all video submissions on
- Tobacco-related Content
1st prize - $1000
2nd Prize - $500
3rd Prize - $250
The winning video will also be featured on a local broadcasting outlet.
Start – September 12th, 2011
Video Submission Deadline – October 26th, 2011
Judging – October 31st – November 1st, 2011
Award Ceremony - November 10th, 2011
For more information, please call the Tobacco Policy and Control Program at 215-685-5623 or Clean Air Council at 215-567-4004 ext. 116
|smokefree video contest.pdf||306.07 KB|